NEW YEAR NEW PRICES!
starting January 4th, 2020 - any HHW after the first free 50 pounds will be 90 cents per pound! HHW disposal is expensive, and we must keep up with rising disposal rates. Please contact us with any questions.
Leaving waste unattended while we are closed is considered illegal dumping. These facilities are under 24 hour surveillance and you will be fined for the illegal dumping that is putting surrounding residents and workers in harms way.
We do not have appropriate staff available everyday, so please respect our posted hours and days of service found here.
Thank you for properly managing your household hazardous waste!
We get life happens, and you may want to come earlier or later than your appointment time or on a day that works better for your schedule. That is why we welcome walk in’s during operating hours and fluctuating your appointment time with no advanced notice! You are also not required to print a confirmation sheet!
Hoffmeister - Lemay Location Seven Hills - Florissant Location
Open every Thurs., Fri., & these Saturdays: Open every Wed. & these Saturdays:
January 11th January 4th
January 25th January 18th
February 8th February 1st
February 22nd February 15th
March 7th February 29th
March 21st March 14th
April 4th March 28th
April 18th April 11th
May 2nd April 25th
May 16th May 9th
May 30th May 23rd
June 13th June 6th
June 27th June 20th
July 11th July 18th
July 25th August 1st
August 8th August 15th
August 22nd August 29th
September 5th September 12th
September 19th September 26th
October 3rd October 10th
October 17th October 24th
October 31st November 7th
November 14th November 21st
December 12th December 5th
HHW Recycling Tips
How to Prepare HHW for Transport
- Pack waste carefully in a box or plastic storage container to prevent spillage during transport
- Do not mix chemicals! Arrange similar chemicals together when packing your car. Put pesticides together, solvents together, paints together in their own boxes
- Make sure chemicals are not leaking and lids are tightly sealed. If they are not sealed, place them in a separate container for transport
- Keep products in their original container. Label materials that are not in their original container. If you do not know what the substance is, transport it in its own box and let us know it is an unknown substance
- Place your box of household hazardous waste in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your truck
- Drive directly to the HHW disposal site carefully and let staffed personnel unload your chemicals once you arrive
If you need to cancel or reschedule a current reservation you can use the below form to manage your drop-off.
Here are some common types of HHW and estimates of how much they can weigh.* Using this calculator you can estimate what fees may apply.
|Quart of motor oil||2lbs|
|Bags of fertilizer||Up to 40lbs|
|Gallon of herbicide||8.5lbs|
|Gallon of gasoline||6lbs|
|5 Gal of driveway sealer (full)||50lbs|
|Quart can of paint||Up to 4lbs|
|Gallon can of paint||Up to 10 lbs|
|5 gallon can of paint||Up to 45lbs|
*These weights are estimates. Material will be weighed at the facility. All fees will be assessed at the time of drop-off.